A report on Elixir:
- User Friendly Helmet
- MultiAccess Incubator
User Friendly Helmet
Team: NIT Surat
- Heat-strokes are common for warm indian climates. Cited heat discomfort as the primary cause of people not wearing driving helmets.
- Hence reducing safety of drivers and co-passengers.
- Bulky, inconvineant to carry around everywhere.
- Inexpensive solution to an important problem at Rs. 150/- extra cost.
Strong Points / USP:
- Comfortable “joyous ride”
- Cooling pad installed:
- Cooled externally via refrigration
- lasts 2-3hrs.
- Foldable, hence portable.
- About 1/3rd of original size when folded.
- Sweat absorbing layer; Washable
Weak points / Aspirations and Gaps:
- Modular design – sleek but makes it very vulnerable to impact damage. Hence putting the user at hazzordus risk. Defeats the primary purpose of safety.
- No Impact Testing of equipment was performed.
- Clips, screws etc. inconvineant and time-consuming to remove/fold and install back again while.
- Removable parts not a good design idea. Prone to loss.
- No temprature controller proposed in the design. I think resonable maintenance of temprature is essential. Too cold/uncontrolled temprature might be more damaging than comforting.